If you are getting married out of state I cannot emphasize this enough… MAKE A PACKING LIST (and check it twice). Seriously, this is your big day and you do NOT want to forget anything of importance. Below is a brief packing list my mom and I made to help you out if you’re stumped or nervous you’re forgetting something. Also, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we need a temple recommend to be sealed so this may not be applicable to all of you but you can replace it with any documents you may need for your ceremony (Marriage License perhaps??)
- Wedding Dress + Shoes
- Wedding Accessories (Headband, Earrings, etc.)
- Bennett’s Wedding Ring
- Make-Up (I did my own make up so I had specific Wedding Make-Up different from my day to day)
- Temple Recommend (or Marriage License*)
- Hair Products (Curling Iron, Bobby Pins, Elastics, Brush, etc.)
- Any Prescriptions
- Warm Clothes (We were in DC + NYC for our honeymoon, if you’re going tropical replace with swimsuits!)
- Shoes (good walking shoes)
- Day to Day Make-Up
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Face Wash, Floss, etc.)
- Underwear (yeah, ya definitely don’t want to forget this)
Another thing you may want to consider is packing all of your wedding items (shoes, accessories, make-up, dress) in your carry-on. If the airport loses your bag you could be in deep trouble… Especially your dress! And you can carry-on your dress and depending on the plane and airline they will most likely let you hang it in the closet. Or if you are super paranoid you can put it on your lap 😉
* Depending on what state you are getting married in you may have to bring the Marriage License with you or the state/place will hold your Marriage License for up to 6 months (how perfect for us quick engagement folk).
Best of luck brides! What is on your destination wedding packing list?