You’re engaged to your best friend and love of your life and all you want to do is get going on your life together. But you have a short planning period and what feels like a loooooong time to wait. So it’s time to get started on the wedding plans to not only achieve the wedding of your dreams but also to make the time you two have to spend apart go just a little bit quicker.
Here’s a little snippet of the to-do list I created that gave my wedding planning an outline so I didn’t feel like I was completely drowning. Yours may be slightly different but it’s always nice to have a starting point!
- BUDGET // This should be the number one (ahem ahem) on your to-do list. You cannot do anything with your to-do list until you know how much you can spend. You can’t hire, book, or look until you know what you can/want to spend. So look at your budget or talk to your parents and figure out the budget as soon as possible.
- Flights + Hotels // This is obviously not applicable to everyone but if you are planning on getting married out-of-state you will want to get on top of flights and hotels as soon as you possibly can. The longer you wait the more expensive it will get (and it could get booked out and you will be left without anywhere to stay or a form of transportation!).
- Wedding Dress // I almost feel shameful for pushing this to number 3… Almost. But after you have your budget and places to stay you can have loads of fun finding the wedding dress to make you feel absolutely beautiful on your wedding day. So browse Pinterest, google shops and boutiques around you, and just have fun constantly being on the hunt for a dress that screams you.
- Venues // Ceremony and/or reception, get it booked! You have a short engagement and if you’re around the holidays or wedding season the venue you want could go quick. So start the hunt and once you see what you love, get ‘er done.
- Photographer // With our short time frame we needed to find a photographer quick. You’ll need to get on this because you need to get your engagements done as soon as you can so you can give the photographer time to edit, you can find the picture(s) you like for your invite, and print them so they are ready to go for your invitations. Photographer is crucial to book, but make sure to find one that you love and can show your style through the pictures. You will look back on these pictures for the rest of your life… No pressure 😉
- Invitations // The focus should be on the step you and your fiance are taking to spend forever together but you’re are creating all these fun wedding plans anyway… So what’s a party without the people?? Get going on invitation design and guest list next, you will want to celebrate this monumental day with the ones you love and send an invite that is yours and your future husbands style.
This is just a starting point, if I added the whole list this post would be way more than any of you care to read. But before I ask what’s on your to-do list, here’s a mini list of things you shouldn’t forget to add:
//colors//cake//catering//your first apartment//flowers//bridesmaids+dresses//
//thank you’s//register//fiance’s ring//marriage license//shoes+make up+hair//
Best of luck future brides! I would love to hear what is on your wedding to do list.